September 2015-October 2015: Visiting doctor in 'Center for Hip, Knee, Foot and Ankle surgery' ATOS CLINIC, HEIDELBERG, GERMANY, minimally invasive surgeries, hip arthroplasty and hip arthroscopy, minimally invasive knee arthroplasty, advanced arthroscopy of the knee, chondrocyte transplants to articular cartilage defects in athletes.
February 2005 - April 2006: Scholarship University of Heidelberg Germany in the 'Center of Knee, Foot & Ankle and Sports Trauma Surgery' ATOS Clinic -ISACOS approved teaching center -(International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine).
Under the supervision of professors of Orthopaedic and Traumatology Hans Paessler and Hayo Thermann he received intensive training in advanced arthroscopic and reconstructive Knee, foot and ankle surgery, (autologous chondrocyte implantation, meniscal transplantation) and surgical sports injuries - -Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
December 2008: Visiting ATOS CLINIC, took part to the knee, foot and ankle orthopaedic operations (Center for knee, foot and ankle -Sports Trauma Clinic) and observing shoulder operative procedures (Shoulder and Elbow clinic).
April 2003 – October 2004: Orthopaedic Surgery Resident in University Clinics of Orthopaedic of KAT Hospital Athens, Clinic has 60 patient ward. Activities: accident and emergency duties and general orthopaedic surgery. Operations are mostly internal and external fixation of fractures, hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasties, orthopaedic infections, foot surgery, amputations and spinal trauma. Professor and Chairman: P.N. Soucacos.
April 2003 – October 2003: Orthopaedic Surgery Resident in Microsurgery Clinic of KAT Hospital Athens, operation are mostly in hand trauma and upper extremities operation. Chairman: N. Gerostathopoulos.
April 2002 – April 2003: Orthopaedic Surgery Resident in Pendeli Children’ s Hospital Athens, operations are mostly scoliotic – kyphotic spine, cerebral palsied children, developmental diseases, children trauma. Chairman: Dr. D. Dimitriadis.
October 2001- April 2002 Orthopaedic Surgery Resident in Clinic of Sports Medicine of KAT Hospital Athens. Operations are mostly arthroscopic especially in the knee and shoulder joints. Chairman: P. Vallianatos.
October 1999 – October 2001 Orthopaedic Surgery Resident in University Clinics of Orthopaedic of KAT Hospital Athens, Clinic has 60 patient ward. Activities: accident and emergency duties and general orthopaedic surgery. Operations are mostly internal and external fixation of fractures, hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasties, orthopaedic infections, foot surgery, amputations and spinal trauma. Ass. Professor and Chairman: Dr Stamos K.
August 1998 – August 1997: Full time General Surgery Resident in the University Clinic of Surgery AHEPA Hospital Thessaloniki. Professor and Chairman: Dr Katsohis K. Activities: Full scale general surgery operating three times a week. Accident and emergency duties twice a week , advanced care unit for 2 months. This post approved By the Greek Society of Surgeons is a part of the Orthopaedic Residency program.
July 1992: as Medical student, one month in Dijkzigt University Hospital of Rotterdam, Traumatology department. Erasmus University program. Professor: Dr J. Jeekel.
SPECIAL POSTGRADUATE SEMINAR ATTENDED
- 22/11/2021, Arthrex - Int. Management of knee joint preservation. MUNICH, GERMANY
- 24 and 26/08/2020, "BioSkills - ROSA KNEE" special training in ROSA ROBOTICS, ZIMMER BIOMET INSTITUTE, COLONGE, GERMANY.
- 19-20/03/2018, "OXFORD Partial Knee Instructional Course" OXFORD, UNITED KINGDOM.
- 11-12/05/2016, PARTIAL KNEE INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE, ZIMMER BIOMET INSTITUTE, ATHENS GREECE.
- 22-23/04/2016, INTERACTION MEETING REVISION HIP & KNEE and INFECTION MANAGEMENT. ISTANBUL, TURKEY.
- 22-23/05/2014, ADVANCED HIP COURSE, MIS HIP ARTHROPLASTY - Minimal Invasive Hip Arthroplasty, ATHENS, GREECE.
- 16-17/09/2011, ADVANCED HIP COURSE - HIP ARTHROSCOPY, AREZZO, ΙΤΑLIA.
- 10-11/12/2010, 'KNEE AND SHOULDER ADVANCED ARTHROSCOPY ARTHREX COURSE' MUNICH, GERMANY.
- 24-26/09/2009, ΑΤΟS LIVE SUMMIT, knee surgery (reconstructive and artrhoplasties, Sports Medicine) CME credit =18 (max), HEIDELBERG, GERMANY.
- 08-09/04/2009, Ηip resurfacing course training Recup BIOMET, VIENNA, AUSTRIA.
- 11/9/2004-17/09/2004, ‘ΑΟ Course Approaches and Osteosynthesis’.
Hand-on-Courses in Traumatology with Cadaver Dissection . Workshop in fracture management during growth and Workshop in Anatomy and Surgical Exposures in Spinal Trauma. Institute of Anatomy, GRAZ, AUSTRIA.
- 13/10/2003 – 14/10/2003, ORTHOFIX Course & Workshop on internal and external fixation. VERONA, ITALY.
- 10/2/2003-11/2/2003, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) program, Hellenic Chapter of the American College of Surgeon, PATRA GREECE.
- Academic Year 2001-2002, practical skills in Microsurgery, 12 weeks (4 hours per week), Research Center ‘TH Garofalidis’ University of Athens, Hand Clinic, KAT Hospital (Accident Hospital), ATHENS, GREECE.
- 10/11/01-11/11/01, 2nd Seminar of Arthroscopy & Arthroscopic Surgery. Workshop in Knee joint arthroscopy. ‘Evangelismos Hospital’. ATHENS, GREECE.
- 26/01/01-28/01/01, Greek Institute of Osteoporosis, ‘Basic Knowledge in Osteoporosis’, 30 hours. ATHENS, GREECE.
- 3/2000-6/2000, Center of Professional Education, KAT Hospital (Accident Hospital), the Multiply Injured Patient’, 150 hours (120 hr theoretical lessons, 30 hr practical skills). ATHENS, GREECE.
- 10/1995-11/1995, Orthopaedic Clinic B’ Hospital Social Security Thessaloniki, ‘Disorders & Trauma of the Hand’ 42 hours. THESSALONIKI, GREECE.
- March 1990, McKenzie Institute, Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy ‘Cervical and Thoracic Spine’, 24hours. THESSALONIKI, GREECE.
- March 1989, McKenzie Institute, Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy ‘The Lumbar Spine’, 32 hours. THESSALONIKI, GREECE.